I read a post today on Ideapod.
The post was about What Top 8 investors say about Bitcoin.
Since when Bitcoin came, it has never resonated with me.
(I am not saying it is bad or anything, I am saying it has never resonated with me.)
But this post is not about whether the Bitcoin is good or bad.
This is an investment quote which got my attention.
The quote goes like this: “Be fearful when others are greedy.”
This quote came as a “wise” investment advise but it resonated with me from the overall life perspective.
And here is my take on it.
- Look at your close circle of 5 people.
- Note down about 5 actions of theirs that you remember without any efforts.
- You will have a list of 25 actions.
- Now classify those actions as “Greedy” vs. “Normal” actions.
- If you have got 3 or less greedy actions then Bravo! You don’t need to read further.
- But if you have got more than 3 greedy actions then drill further.
- Are those actions coming from a single person? Or different persons?
If those actions are coming from different persons it’s okay. Be alert but it’s not much of a problem.
But of those actions are coming from 1-2 persons then be conscious.
Your close circle has got a “bug” that needs to be fixed.
It is time to feel fear.
Yes, feel the fear!
But take the necessary actions.
As Susan Jeffers famously says, “Feel the fear and do it anyway!”
A simple quote in investment advice can teach this.