Everyone wants to win, isn’t it?
Here are 5 random musings on winning and what are the common behaviors of the winners that are generally not found in the losers:
- Winners are smart workers: They know when to push and when to pull. When to be at the right place at the right time. They believe in smart work rather than in hard work. They outperform.
- The road to the winning is usually rocky: Winners are those who have fallen many times but refused to lose. Overnight wins are generally enjoyed by those who have many years of experience in failing.
- Winners are not born encouraged: To ignite the fire within takes everyday-commitment. Winners are those who are awake when the world is sleeping… to deliver their best when the right time calls. It is said that encouragement doesn’t last. Well, neither does your shaving! You need to get a dose of encouragement every day.
- Three excellence of winning: A winning consists of a smart blend of the following three excellence’s: excellent people, excellent processes and excellent technology/automation.
- Laser focus: Winners have the ability to keep a sharp, laserlike focus on select areas. Excellence marries to whom who focuses on only a few select goals, isn’t it?
Bonus thought: Winning does not always mean that someone has to lose, it is possible for everyone to win as mentioned in Stephen Covey’s famous book – 7 Habits of Highly Effective People -> Habit 4: Think win-win!