When did you last look at yourself through a mirror?
“Funny question,” you might think. “I look at the mirror every day!”
Not so simple. Read on …
You look at a mirror to be aware of how you look like.
- If you haven’t combed your hair, you will comb it;
- If you have put on some weight, then you will join a personal fitness program;
- If the color of your shirt does not look good on you, you will change it;
- If you are aware of how you look, you will do something about it.
With a higher level of awareness, you can make choices that matter to you.
You look at the mirror every day to be aware of your external look. I get it. What if you look at the mirror and be aware of your internal being?
What if you look at the mirror every day to know thyself better.
Looking at a mirror is a form of reflection. Reflection about who we are. Reflection about how we look. Reflection about what’s good for us and what’s not …
With the right amount of reflection, we make our lives better.
So today, why not look at the mirror and ask:
- Am I happy?
- Am I spending a good time with people who matter to me?
- Am I in the right profession?
- Have I married the right man (or woman)?
- Have I spent my recent $5000 on the things that matter to me the most?
- Am I living my most purposeful life?
You will get your very own answers to all such questions. Some answers might make you happy. Some answers might make you think.
If you feel happy with the answers, it’s pretty cool, enjoy life’s joyride.
If you feel unhappy with the answers, this is the right time to do something about it.
Oh, these questions. Oh, these whys and whats and all similar sorts …
“He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how.” ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Life can be all about HOW but if its foundation is in the right WHY, it will be an experience worth having.
Your mirror is a powerful tool (if you make it so!).