Teams move the mountains and team relationship is the fuel that helps the team members do that.
Here are a few behaviors when exhibited by the leader can help him win the trust of the team and have a better relationship:
- Show genuine interest in why, what, and how part of their work.
- Attend them like attending your child. It will make them fill contented to the (important) source.
- Do something everyday to make them feel relaxed.
- Go for team-lunches.
- Show them that you trust them and believe in their abilities.
- Praise them with all your heart when they do something well.
- Just not show selective honesty but be really honest with them in everything.
- Read between the lines. Team members have a way of telling you something without directly telling you.
- Always say please and thank you when communicating with them.
- Encourage them to voice their opinion on the big project decisions.
- Tell them stories of how you have reached to your current position. Team members would love to hear that.
- Give them enough space and respect their silence.