I’m in Ahmedabad, India. Indian hot summer is here. This year, after returning from Europe from last year Christmas vacation, I have visited the Middle East for a few days. I booked tickets to go to Norway from June to end of July, but one of my businesses needs my attention. As Frank Underwood says, “I must not lose my resolve. I’ll march forward, even if I have to do so alone.” ✨
Here are the major activities I’m doing now, separated by type of activities.
- The year 2019 has continued the flavor of 2017 and 2018 and offered more of unexpected events. Good and Bad. Fulfilling and weird. The level of stress was more or less the same as in 2017. I continue to become more aware and got to know my strengths and weaknesses a bit more.
- I reduced eating Grains for quite a few months now. I am drinking warm water with ginger twice a day and practicing consciously when it comes to health: 45 mins of Gym, drinking more warm water, less sugar, more green tea, protein shake, and generally healthy diet. Exception? Sunday evenings!
- Saving 10% of my monthly income continues. Investing in stocks and other businesses continue.
- Embracing awareness. Beyond a point, only learning that matters is an expansion of perceptions through the next level of awareness. Trying to consciously do that.
- Not keeping up to date with writing my daily journal. Though I try to catch up with what is happening to me and how I am reacting to it twice per week. Creative guys have a challenge in practicing discipline (I know it is an excuse :p ).
- Meditating through immersing myself in my work. My present work is where my head, heart, and hands – all synchronize.
- Occasionally posting on my personal development blog: Self Help Zen. I am going to phase out the Self Help Zen blog. All the posts will come to my this website – https://utpal.me.
- Directing my Mobile Apps Production Biz, Upsquare.
- Helping Kavita in building Yories, which is a storytelling platform for children. It’s a Government funded project and supported by IIC, PDPU.
- Interviewing a lot of small companies for investment through my angel investment company – Phenovox. A couple of investments are finalized.
Lifelong Learning (and teaching)
Organizing & leading personal & professional skill development workshops known as UV’s LifeClass (e.g. On Critical Thinking, On Self-confidence, On Personal Branding).Not doing much as in the first half of 2019.
- I continue to mentor a few of the small business and startup founders. Because I have plunged myself in an immense amount of work, I get only weekends in this activity.
- (Paused) working on the business fiction which I was planning to write in 2019.
For now, most of my focus is on business development, angel investments, and work. Deliberate personal development and travel have taken a back seat.