In today’s cutting edge business environments, the essence of pace-setting is huge. Pacesetters can take the organization to new heights.
Here are select traits are commonly seen in the pacesetters.
- Think outside of the box: approach challenges, ideas, struggles from unusual perspectives;
- Look for an opportunity to create (reusable) systems out of each frustration;
- Challenge and question the basic notions and traditions of the current practices;
- Focus on the results rather than means to get the results;
- Feel concerned when they’re engaged in routine monotonous work;
- Strive to seek new ways to accomplish the tasks;
- Exhibit loyalty to what they do;
- Believe that ‘change’ is the only constant thing;
- Know that they will achieve what they perceive;
- Treat failure as an opportunity to reach the new heights!
Setting the pace is usually not a mainstream job ut it is so crucial that the managers, team leaders, and taskmasters must give it enough attention to perform well.