7 Important Life Lessons We Learnt From Geet From Jab We Met
There are a few movie characters that stay with us longer than ever. And Imtiaz Ali is one film-maker who ensures we get our dose of beautiful, colourful, lovable freakshows. Whether it's Aditi from Socha Na Tha, Meera from Love Aaj Kal or Veera from Highway, each of these female characters is put across thoughtfully, succinctly, and holistically. But Ali's gem came in the form of Geet from Jab We Met. On the director's birthday, take a look at why Geet was such an adorable character, and 7 important life lessons she taught us without even knowing it!
1. Getting things done. Her “Sikhni hun main Bhatinda ki” swag will still leave you in splits!
“Aur ab tum mujhe ghar chodoge! Aur woh bhi mere poore samaan ke saath!”
“Dhyaan se pakadna..Babaaji ka frame hai"
Geet knew how to get things done. Later, even Aditya, who was in suicide-mode, couldn’t resist himself from setting things right for Geet.
2. Speaking your heart out, even when no one's listening!
As per Geet, if you feel like speaking, do it. Filter-free. Even if it's with someone you've just met.
3. Jaago, Grahak, Jaago!
“Toh phir chori kyun kar rahe ho?”
In the station scene, Geet fights with a local vendor overcharging her for a Paani ki bottle. She blasts off loudly about how checking MRPs and being vigilant are oh-so-important! It really does not matter if you are stranded at midnight on a totally shady platform. If you think you must fight for Rs. 2 at this point in time, you clearly must!
4. Taking risks.
Aditya: Kyun khel rahi ho apni zindagi se Geet?
Geet: Kyunki yeh mera favorite game hai, Zindagi! Jaise logon ka hota hai na Badminton, Cricket, mera bhi hai, zindagi!
Who plans her secret run-away wedding without a proper plan? Geet is clearly a risk-taker, and an unapologetic one at that!
5. Being thoughtful of others.
“Batao tumhe main kaisi lagti hun? Achi Lagti hun? Fataak? Mast? Agar tum mujhe like karte ho, toh meri sister ko bhi like karoge! Roop, meri Cousin. Bilkulll meri jaisi hai"
She loses her luggage. She lands up in a completely awkward situation with a bunch of strangers at a shady station who thinks of her as a call-girl. But she still manages to find an apt guy for her cousin Roop!
5. Being your own favourite person.
Who says too much self-obsession is annoying? After almost half a decade, Geet's Main Apni Favorite Hoon is still fresh in our memories! It is also the perfect technique to keep all your haters at bay. Because the world can go take a walk, but your favoritism for yourself will always save you from all the negativity around!
6. Being practical, no matter how embarrassing a situation turns out to be!
Entering a low budget hotel with a stranger and then bargaining like no one is judging is Geet’s way of teaching us how every penny is so important. It doesn't even matter if the reception guy judges you as maal. Geet ensured that "Hum room per ghante ke sahaab se hi lenge!”
7. Getting your own happy ending instead of settling.
Geet is dumped by her boyfriend and she eventually falls for Aditya. When Anshuman returns, Geet realises who truly makes her happy. So rather than settling with the one she thought she truly loved, she listens to her heart and marries the one she wants to!
Don't settle for what comes your way. Go out of it and find your happily ever after!
9 Reasons Why Emily Blunt Is An International Treasure & A Perfect Modern Movie Star We All Need!
Will Smith's Daughter Says She Loves Men & Women Equally & Is Open Towards Polyamory
Tiger Shroff Gives An Epic Twist To Ranveer's 'Khalibali' Song, Adds Michael Jackson Vibes!
19-Year Old Indian Model Naomi Janumala Becomes The Global Face of Rihanna’s Make-Up Brand!
A Mumbai-Based Doctor Files A PIL Against Kabir Singh, Demands A Ban On The Screening Of Film
- PartnerSportsmen Like Beckham And Messi Are Going All Out To Show Their Gratitude With The 'Share Your Stripes' Campaign!2.3K SHARES
Ahead Of Sophie Turner-Joe Jonas' Second Wedding, PC-Nick Romance In The ‘City Of Love’
- celebscoopI Am Much More Than 'Jackie Shroff Ka Beta', Says Actor Tiger Shroff And He Has A Point!239 SHARES
- EntertainmentArjun Rampal Posts An Adorable Pic For Daughter Myra's Birthday, Takes Dad Goals To A New Level240 SHARES
- Partner5 Mom-Teenager Duos On Their First Memory Of Cooking & It's Both Hilarious And Cute1.4K SHARES
- EntertainmentThe Girl Gang Of FRIENDS Had A Fun Night Out Together & These Goofy, Crazy Selfies Are Proof!343 SHARES
- EntertainmentRyan Reynolds Writes Fake Review Of His Own Gin Brand And It Sounds Like A Fun Movie Plot!109 SHARES