There are various data-based metrics that tell you if your business is thriving and there are certain behavioral patterns also that tell you the same.
Here is some light on the behavioral patterns:
- Your business consistently gets more leads than your current business capacity;
- No matter with which project team your customers interact with, their delight level is almost the same;
- You take a 4-week summer vacation and do not get any ‘urgent’ call from the office;
- You have happy employees. Their lives are balanced, they are able to produce their best work and enjoy their life at fullest;
- ‘Department Wise Headcount’ report is topped by the Operations department (not support departments such as HR, Admin or accounts);
- You don’t think to open new geography every quarter – the percentage of your repeat business is very high;
- There’s only ONE version of mission statement across the organization;
- Consistent Organization specific Enterprise Environment Factors – that extend a sense of predictability in projects execution;
- Even if you pay similar or little less to what the market pays, people are thriving to join your organization. Keywords here are culture and experience;
- People in the organization prioritize their work by ‘Importance’ not by ‘urgency’.